22 Books Every Creative Entrepreneur Needs To Read in 2022
I had my BEST spiritual and financial year last year, and *a lot* of it is due to self-education. This is exactly what I read:
Disclosure: I only recommend products I purchase myself and all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you.
What is a Creative Entrepreneur?
Creative entrepreneurs are passionate about building a business, not just to make money, but also so they can serve others. They’re on a mission to make change in the world. They also believe that their business and personal success is dependent upon their creative and spiritual wellness.
How This Book List Was Compiled?
This list is based on the best books I read in 2021, that were the most educational, entertaining, and impactful for my mindset, well-being, and business and edited down to the best 22 books for every creative entrepreneur.
22 Books Every Creative Entrepreneur Needs To Read in 2022 (And Why) *in no particular order*
- Creativity Inc by Ed Catmull: https://amzn.to/3vQnn5J
Are you growing or part of a creative company? You need this book on how the incredibly creative Pixar grew to be what it is today. One of my favorite books of the year. Also love anything with Steve Jobs.
2. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles: https://amzn.to/3vQceBJ
This one will change your mindset the day you read it, and you can read this in a day! An INSTANT all-time favorite and easy read to up-level your financial mind.
3. The Body Keeps The Score by Bessen Van Der Volk, MD: https://amzn.to/3tIAaV4
How trauma is stored in the body, and insight I’ve never heard before that is imperative for healing. Couldn’t put this book down (and I understand myself better now).
4. The Surrender Experiment by Michael Singer: https://amzn.to/35HeY9V
This was my favorite book the year. The epitome of watching someone go through a spiritual journey, just to find out it was all connected to his business journey all along. I will forever carry the lessons this book taught me.
5. Atomic Habits by James Clear: https://amzn.to/3ITbtf5
The cult-favorite, and it’s worth the hype! One of my favorite concepts: if you improve by 1% every day, you’ve improved by 365% in a year.
6. The Story Of Philosophy by Will Durant: https://amzn.to/3sSPiA9
I love Philosophy so this one is for my fellow philosophy lovers! Wisdom is also an important element in spiritual practice, and it’s a foundational key in understanding how we got “here.”
7. Unleash the Power of Storytelling by Rob Biesenbach: https://amzn.to/34ovV8w
A crash course in being an effective communicator. The 5-star reviews sold me! So impactful if you’re putting a message out there online or in-person.
8. The Gift Of Failure by Jessica Lahey: https://amzn.to/3734GBm
For my fellow parents, this book helped with my mom guilt. Mom guilt is real! Get rid of it with books like this.
9. Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday: https://amzn.to/3tZh7Gr
I think it’s absolutely essential as a leader to read the stoics. This book I read in like 2 days it was so good AND gave me a deep sense of peace and hope in our humanity.
10. Essentialism by Greg McKeown: https://amzn.to/3hNsk74
Saying “yes” to the right project means saying “no” to many others. Become good at saying “no.”
11. The Effective Executive by Peter F Drucker: https://amzn.to/377wgNP
Full disclosure I think I read this because Jeff Bezos said it was his go-to read haha. But it’s great at helping you become more impactful and intentional.
12. Rework by Jason Fried: https://amzn.to/3HYDxw5
Another book I read because Mark Cuban said he would rather hire someone who read this book than who had an MBA. It felt like the permission slip I needed to show up as myself in life and business.
13. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: https://amzn.to/35HbDI3
One of the best foundational books you can read on life and spirituality. Period!
14. The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle: https://amzn.to/3hPGbtD
If you haven’t read The Power of Now, I suggest Audible it! I did that with this one and enjoyed it so much. Such a simple and profound concept.
15. Do Nothing by Celeste Headlee: https://amzn.to/3vNSmPI
If you’re a recovering perfectionist like me, this book is not only good, it’s imperative.
16. Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim: https://amzn.to/3sPd3ci
“How to create uncontested market space that makes the competition irrelevant.” Never worry about your “competition” again after reading this book. Truly.
17. The Lessons of History by Will Durant: https://amzn.to/3CtnXYj
This book is like Sapiens in that it’s a foundation for understanding our history, and unlike Sapiens, he does it in 100 pages. That alone is impressive and fascinating.
18. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield: https://amzn.to/3HNaYSs
I should have read this 10 years ago. It teaches that resistance is the invisible force that aims to keep us stuck, and you will feel UNSTUCK by reading this!
19. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert: https://amzn.to/360y1Mv
Another book I should have read a long time ago. A great way to further understand your creative capabilities.
20. Will Smith Autobiography: https://amzn.to/3ITx2Ms
One of the best books I read last year. Make sure to also listen to it on Audible; you will not be disappointed. Will Smith has been a force of inspiration to me since I was little, and I only respect and admire him more after reading his memoir. It’s funny, vibrant, fascinating, and enriching all in one.
21. Becoming Trader Joe by Joe Coulombe: https://amzn.to/3CnILR8
If you love TJ’s, this is a fascinating look at how Trader Joes became one of the most successful grocery brands ever…with zero advertising. Business lessons abounding!
22. The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown: https://amzn.to/3Qlh9T4
I got into Brene’s work like 10 years later than I should have. My goal this year is to show up more authentically, and if that’s your goal too, reading anything Brene writes will set you on the right path!